King Edward Memorial Park

DSCN5222

Opened in 1922 as a tribute to Edward VII, the King Edward Memorial Park provides 3.3 hectares of beautiful riverside parkland in the east of the ward. The park includes a bandstand, bowling green, flower gardens, play area, football pitch, tennis courts and benches with river views. It stands on the former Shadwell Fish Market Estate, a site acquired after the king’s death in 1910.  by the King Edward VII Memorial London Committee following the King’s death in 1910. A memorial to the King sits atop a flight of steps in the middle of the park. at the top of a flight of steps leading to the main area of the park.

IMG_3221 DSCN5222

Add a Comment